I have to admit this is a little late but I have been up to my ears in dumpling wrappers all afternoon! Check out Day 13 for the recipe :).
The bubble tea trend has swept the globe, originating in Taiwan, it is now one of the most popular drinks in Asia and worldwide. My favourite flavour is Green Tea, the traditional flavour served at Japanese Tea Ceremonies.
So today I have taken on the challenge of creating a twist on Bubble Tea and Green tea pudding!
Japanese Inspired Green Tea and Rice Pudding Trifle
A 1/4 mixture of Nana’s Rice Pudding (excluding the apple and toppings)
1 packet of Green Tea Jelly mix (you can obtain these from most Asian Supermarkets)
1/2 sliced Banana
1 Kiwifruit – sliced length ways
2 tsp of sesame seeds
2 tsp of Maple Syrup
- Spoon the warm Rice pudding (see recipe) into the bottom of two conical shaped glasses.
- Place in fridge for around 1 – 2hours or the freezer for 1/2 an hour
- After an hour, boil the kettle and make up the Green Tea Jelly Mixture. Stir until the crystals are dissolved and cool for ten mins.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge and pour the jelly mixture on top.
- Then put back in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours or until the jelly is set.
- Chop the kiwifruit and banana, then remove the glasses from the fridge.
- Layer the banana and kiwifruit on top of the jelly, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds and maple syrup
- And Konichiwa Green Tea Dessert!
A simple recipe, but a tad time consuming.
Thanks for reading!